Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spontaneous Safari!







Today we did something very spontaneous. Our friends called us up and invited us to go on a safari, and we went! There is a neat outdoor "safari" adventure place about 20 min outside of Omaha. You pay $4.00 per adult (if you have a zoo pass... $5.00 per adult if you don't) and you just drive your car through the trail! We saw.......

American Elk



Pelicans


A WOLF!


The Sand Hill Cranes.... which we see migrating every year, but I had never seen up so close!






Some Bald Eagles that had been put to pasture. You can't really tell in this picture, but these guys were really big!

We let Chloe ride on my lap in the car once we were "on safari" and she was so excited! I noticed that when I said "jump jump," she started jumping! She now responds to: jump, kiss, num num (will eat), up (stands up when holding onto something), momma, dada, hi, Chloe, and look. She can say momma and dada, and her babble has started to go up and down more, and sound more like conversation. She also signals "all done" (though it is not the baby einstien sign language version). Last but most exciting, she has started crawling (scooting foreward on tummy), and cruises on furniture! She is growing up so fast!!

At the end of our day, this is the panoramic view we saw from our car.



Right here in Nebraska, folks!

1 comment:

smiles2u said...

We were in Utah when you called. I always think to call you and then tell myself, she's probably busy. I'm sorry I missed your call. I love seeing the beautiful Nebraska landscape. We miss you guys and game nights. It is so fun to see our old home and familiar places we grew to love. Sounds like a fun time on the Safari!!!

All Around the World

Can You Beat Me?

Thank you, please come again!!