This is how I feel:
It all started when I received an email from the Stake Activities Chairperson telling me we are going to have a humongous stake activity March 20th called "Stage Door Canteen" or something to that effect, it has a huge budget which will be spent on paid entertainment and catered food, and I am in charge of taking all the phone calls from all the people in the entire stake that would be interested in showcasing their talents. We asked for dancers, singers, and musicians, and now we only have time for maybe a few small numbers (I think... we will learn more at this Saturday's meeting). I think I will have to "audition" these willing people. ¡Ay, caramba!
The following week, I was informed that we are having a ward spaghetti dinner on March 13th, and the activities committee is in charge. Haven't tackled that monster yet, and time is closing in. It's less than a month away!!!!!!!!!!
I don't remember if I blogged about the frost in our closet, but we had a sheet of thick frost in one of our closets for the last two months of this winter. Apparently it is an outside wall, and has no insulation (which is probably why it is SO COLD in our bedroom Chloe has to wear footed PJ's AND a snow suit to bed... hmmm). Well, the maintenance people never took care of it. They looked at it a few times, but NOTHING was done. As logic would have it, mold ensued shortly after our first couple warm days (a couple weeks ago). After some very angry letters to the management company from me, they let me know that they will be tearing out the wall exposing us to the elements for 4 days, and fixing the problem. I wonder if we will end up having to sleep somewhere else?? They said it should be fine, but somehow I am willing to bet you will find us sleeping on the bishop's couch (or the couch of some other lucky unsuspecting willing servant) Monday night. ARGH! So, I asked if I could be released from my 12 month lease, and they conceded. This is great because we were stuck in a bad moving cycle (moving at the end of July really really stinks). I only have to give a one month notice to move, so I have been on a mad hunt the last couple weeks to find the perfect place. I have prayed, googled, read all the horrible reviews of all the apartments online, and toured 6 apartment complexes this week and last, driven over 100 miles all over town, and I don't feel like I have found the perfect one yet. It is a major headache, and it is so boring to talk about and I hate that. I have all these huge things going on, and everyone I normally like to call and talk about my problems to, I feel like I can't call because there is really nothing to talk about because it is all SO boring!!! I just hope to weed all these problems out one by one so I can get back to being a nice mommy and taking Chloe to the Children's Museum or the Zoo.
Also, in the middle of all this, I was asked to sing in church. I am happy to sing in church. NO big deal at all. I have a little tiny panic attack when I think of picking out a song though. Today I decided I better pick something because I am supposed to sing in 3 days! I remembered that I haven't sang "This Is The Christ" in over 2 years. Karri Pratt was totally willing to play for me on short notice (what a sweetie)! Phew. I decided and with 2 days to spare!
And, no, I will not be practicing it at all before hand. I am too busy. We ran through it once though, and it was very nice. Like riding a bike! It's a great song.
So, here are a few pictures I have not posted. They are your reward for reading all of that malarkey.
Chloe feeding Kate her pretzel. Sharing :)

2 comments:
Zeke must not have been there that day. He was at home spreading germs instead of in public spreading germs. I can't get over Chloe's hair. It is too adorable.
Wow, we had no idea it was so hectic for you. You're singing was no natural today and you seemed so calm...you looked like just a nice mommy with few cares. I'd move too if the people obviously don't care about you. We ended up moving into the 1st place we found, and we like it so far. Let us know if you need a helping hand.
Post a Comment