Monday, June 29, 2009

Milk For Sale

The grocery store near our house recently had a sale on all dairy products. To advertise they got a giant cow statue and put it in the parking lot. Here it is. Eat your heart out Krista!


Somehow, as I contemplate the nude colored vein that goes all the way across the cow's belly (wouldn't it be covered in fur?) I suddenly have no desire to consume dairy. What an awful statue!
I had been looking foreward to this milk sale all month- and as silly as it is- because of this statue I have been avoiding HyVee for a while and totally missed the sale. Cow statues with veiney teets are just so weird. I mean the rest of the statue is smoothed over without even a lot of muscle definition. Maybe the weird sculptor thought the veins would make everyone think of milk. But milk does not come from veins.
So gross.









1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

You're such a squirrel!! LOL I'm all excited to see what is new and I read this?!! Just kidding. I wonder who they got to do their marketing.

All Around the World

Can You Beat Me?

Thank you, please come again!!