Sunday, September 28, 2008

Elmopalooza

We were walking around Wal*Mart yesterday, trying to keep Chloe busy, when I realized her babble had a real word in it. I had never heard her use this word before, and I have no idea what made her learn it and get so excited, but she started repeating "Ehmoe (Elmo), EHHMOW, ehmow EHMOWWWW!" I looked over and noticed a stretch Elmo doll (we were in the clearence section). I showed her and asked "Elmo?" She replied "EHMOW EHMOW EHMOW!!!!"


Money has been really pretty tight, and we were not planning on getting her a toy yesterday, but how could we resist. She held on tight to her new friend, exclaiming non stop "Eh MOW EHMOW!!!" over and over. The doll was $7.50, but as it was slightly defective (and there were no other Stretch Elmo's in the store), we asked for a lower price. I remembered when I used to work for Wal*Mart in high school that every employee is basically allowed to offer 10% discount on items for any reasonable defect. Well, luck was on our side. We were given the Elmo doll for only $4.50!!!!


Chloe is saying "EHMOW" over and over still, right now in fact. I like how much she enunciated the "o" sound. Previous to learning to say Elmo, Chloe had many words but most were clipped to be only the beginning or the end of a word (ie: "per" for both diaper and zipper). So, along with ALL DONE, Mama, and Dada, Chloe can add "Ehmow" to her 2 syllabal repetior.


It was the biggest surprise of all that she knew who Elmo was!!


Click here to watch a video of Chloe saying Ehmow over and over.


Here is a picture from yesterday of Chloe and daddy :)

3 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

That's terrific!!! She is soo sweet. Zeke is watching with me and he is mezmorized...

Matt and Maggie said...

That's terrific!!! She is soo sweet. Zeke is watching with me and he is mezmorized...

smiles2u said...

It's amazing how these kiddos pick up on random characters that we don't know they know about. Laurel loves Elmo too and loved watching the video of Chloe in the car saying Elmo. How fun! These girls need to get together!

All Around the World

Can You Beat Me?

Thank you, please come again!!