Monday, March 17, 2008

Some Friends Are Forever

Chloe and I just took a fun little vacation to Thornton, CO. My best friend from Ricks College, Eldeen (Hymas) Pickett has an older sister that works for United Airlines. She was able to get me a buddy pass to come out and see her. It was so cool, because it was only $60 round trip! Here is Chloe with a seat belt on flying first class.


Eldeen and I had so much fun together. It was really amazing to see that, though we had not seen each other in about 5 years, we fell right back into step. There are some things about our friendship that astound me. In some ways, no-one has ever understood me as well as Eldeen. We decided that we really must have been best friends in heaven. There was no other logical explanation. We had both wondered if things would be weird between us- because we have both changed so much over the years. We have both become more reserved and serious. We had both stopped laughing as much. But it was literally in the first hour that I got there that we were already back in the habit of seeing humor everywhere and analyzing interesting behaviors (because we both LOVE analyzing people). We had a lot of fun and a lot of good laughing.



We played Frisbee and Wii, and had a fancy Italian lunch in Boulder (which is a hilarious place- so trendy and everyone's so rich). We also made a fabulous chocolate cake for my birthday! Eldeen taught me how to make Royal Icing daisies and flowers, and we were really happy with the end product.






Eldeen has a baby Chloe's age named Summer. We were delighted to find that I had brought an outfit that Summer also had! Friday, the girls were dressed identical and looked like two little twins. I really loved that!! It kind of felt like we were two young girls playing with dolls! "Time to feed our babies! Time to change our babies! Let’s dress up our babies."












It was one of the best visits we have had. I am so glad to know that the way we were is not dead! I really love my friend Eldeen.


We really missed Zach and were also very glad to come home. Zach missed us a lot too. Here we are looking very tired!





Chloe was so happy when we got home that everything made her giggle! She bounced in her bouncer just laughing for a half hour! It's good to have friends and family. It makes me realize how blessed we are.

2 comments:

Dori said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how fast Chloe is growing up. She is such a beautiful baby! I am glad that you and Eldeen still have a great relationship. I thought she went by Ellie now? WHat a great cake! Love you

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Ellie to her new friends, church friends, and husband. Eldeen to old friends and family.

All Around the World

Can You Beat Me?

Thank you, please come again!!