Chloe and Mommy took a vacation to California!
Chloe really loved the beach. She was fearless when it came to the ocean. I would set her down and she would immediately start crawling at top speed to the waves. As soon as the waves would hit her, you would expect there to be some sort of fear or recognition to stop and be cautious. Chloe was not afraid. If it were not for me, she would have gladly been swept off to sea. She reminded me of a baby sea turtle hatchling.
She enjoyed the whole day thoroughly.
I was very happy to get her to the beach. Now we just have to get daddy to the beach for a full beach day. He doesn't know what he is missing!
One thing that happened was very interesting. When I walked down to the beach with all our stuff, I was carrying way too much and almost dropped everything on several occasions. I had removed my flip flops to walk in the deeper sand, and never thought about them again until it was time to leave. I then noticed that they were missing.
I decided to walk up the beach a ways, the way we came in, even though it was not on the way to where the car was finally parked. To make a long story short, I found my flip flops a very long distance up the beach, about to be swept away by the tide! They had an adventure of their own that day, and I was very surprised to find them right where I must have dropped them hours earlier. Children ran around them all day, and they were half buried in sand, but there they were.

2 comments:
I love those last two pictures of Chloe and you. You both just look soo happy. It's like you just had the best day ever. They remind me of a picture you would see in a magazine.
I've never seen the ocean, go Chloe! Methinks she'll return to her mother's native land some day and leave behind all of her Nebraska roots. :) I bit my lip waiting to read the end of the 'flip-flop' story, when I can't even go to a public pool in Lincoln and keep mine which were hidden from sight in the first place!
Post a Comment