Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Climbing!

Chloe has never really showed an interest in climbing until recently. I was so excited that she braved the dishwasher, I didn't even scold her.
It was really funny because once she got up there, she couldn't get down. She sat and whimpered for about 10 minutes while I just told her to come on down. I finally assisted her.

Right after the above picture was taken, I took her to the bedroom to change her into some dry warm clothes (her socks got all wet). I put her on the bed like I always do, and told her to be careful, like I always do. She never wiggles because she is trained, like a baby elephant, and thinks she has to sit still on the bed. Well, I don't know if it was because of her exuberance at discovering that she could scale the dishwasher, but this time she somehow wiggled and wriggled, and when I was looking for clothes in the closet I heard a sickening thump of a head hitting the floor! She was OK, but I felt so bad. Chloe cried like she had been betrayed, and it took a lot of songs and cuddles before she felt better. All this did not crush her desire to develop her new found skill. Later, at the mall, she climbed over the giant bat for the FIRST time! I was SO proud!! Stay tuned for very cute videos to be uploaded to YouTube!

No comments:

All Around the World

Can You Beat Me?

Thank you, please come again!!