Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Birthday Part II

After Chloe had her nap, we decided to take her to IHOP for dinner. We decided this because I had signed her up to receive a free rooty JR on her birthday (CLICK HERE and then click on the box about joining the pancake revolution to get your free food). When we got there, the manager said we could only use one of our coupons (I also had a B1G1F deal for Zach and I). Well, I was not about to get duped into paying full price, so we just got Chloe her special pancake freebie dinner, and went next door to taco bell :) Did I mention I am cheap and proud of it? Well, I am.
It did present one problem though when we realized we couldn't tip our server because we didn't actually pay for anything and we didn't have any cash. I left him a nice apology on the kiddy placemat in green crayon. I'm sure that will make up for it! hahaha. Here is Chloe's special yummy dinner:

Since her birthday falls the day before Independance Day, and since this year July 4th was a Sunday, we decided to take her out for a late night fireworks display! With Chloe all sugared up, we parked our car and walked a couple blocks to the christian church that was having the display. Chloe was ROCKIN out with the Christian rocker band. Loving it. She didn't stop running around for a good hour and a half. There were a lot of kids there. Zach and I resigned ourselves to taking turns just following her as she weaved in around peoples blankets, ran up and down the hills, and danced to the live band.








She was really sweaty, and protested sitting down at 10 when the fireworks started, but though the tantrum seemed to be mounting to a "no turning back" point, Chloe was very good when the fireworks started. It totally amazed her. She had fairey dust in her eyes as she exclaimed "They do fireworks for MY BIRTHDAY!" It was her first late night fireworks display, and she was totally in love. I love how our faces match in the next couple pictures. I guess mom and dad love fireworks too :)


The next day (the 4th of July), we had a nice enough day. We stayed home from church actually because there was some illness going around that I wanted to avoid like the plague (the Chicken pox... actually the ONLY thing Chloe has not been innoculated against... and because of her recent illness, something we really don't want her to get). After a long restful day at home, we put Chloe to bed. At about 10pm, the fireworks were going wild just in our "back yard" area off our balcony. We had a few "whiz poppers" to light off ourselves, so I reluctantly woke Chloe up and Zach ran outside to light them off. Chloe was SO excited. Maybe it was because of the humidity, but the air was thick with smokey fog from the fireworks. All around us we heard pops and booms, and there were plenty of fireworks in the air we could see. It was really cool.

1 comment:

Jeralyn said...

Thanks for the invite to IHOP :)

All Around the World

Can You Beat Me?

Thank you, please come again!!